Dual Rate Lowering Spring Set Tesla Model S
PLEASE NOTE: For international orders, customs fees, duties or taxes are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently in a pre-order phase, we expect to start shipping in Mid-2019.
Owners of non-air suspension-equipped Model S vehicles have for long sought an option to lower their cars; well, wait no more! Using the extensive experience from our many years of modifying Tesla vehicles, in combination with knowledge gained from our Dual Rate Lowering Spring project for Model 3, we’ve developed the ideal set of lowering springs for Model S!
Target Use: For Tesla Model S owners who desire well balanced improvements to handling, steering responsiveness, as well as stability that can be felt every day in a diverse variety of environments. With this application we set out to create a best of both worlds spring for everyday use.
Ride: Engineered with slightly softer spring rates than factory springs. When cornering, the secondary spring rate activates and body roll is minimized with a slightly more firm spring rates than factory.
Height: 1.5” drop. Front ground clearance is comparable to a modern sports car. The car is lowered moderately, enough to gain aerodynamic efficiency with cleaned up airflow under the car. Visually tire gap is reduced to “two fingers” wheel gap.
In all cases of lowering a car, ground clearance will of course be reduced compared to a factory Model S specification. A reduction of ground clearance increases likelihood of scraping or impact to the bottom of the car. This factor is common as a trade-off for high performance vehicles, if reduction of ground clearance or increased risk of bottoming out concerns you then lowering your car may not be the right option for you. As a general rule when lowering a car, we suggest you consider your driving environment and plan ahead in consideration of what a 1.5″ reduction of clearance may mean to your driving. In our experience, only a slight additional awareness is needed, as ground clearance in most but not all cases is still adequate with a normal driving style.
- Produced in an engineering partnership with Formula 1 and 50+ consecutive Indy car winning spring supplier HYPERCO
- Proven Dual Rate spring technology allows for best of both worlds. The car rides at noticeably softer spring rates around town. When sporty handling is desired, natural cornering g forces activate the spring’s sportier secondary spring rate which reduces body roll and gives noticeable difference in both feel and handling at the limit
- Physics proven benefits of range efficiency by lowering center of gravity and reducing underbody air turbulence
- Provides a ground clearance equivalence to modern sports cars. Moderate is approximately a 1.5” drop
- Designed, Engineered and Produced in America
- Compatible with both RWD and Dual-Motor Vehicles