Race Spec Coilover Suspension Kit for Tesla Model 3
Unplugged Performance Tesla Model 3 Race Spec Coilovers take the winning combination of our coilovers and add race specific valving and race specific springs. Drivers on the Race Spec Coilovers have set world record lap times at multiple circuits including Tsukuba Circuit in Japan and Buttonwillow Raceway in California. If you are looking for Street Spec Coilovers we suggest our normal coilovers found here.
Need help with installation?
As of April 2021 – In Stock!
New For 2021 – Win The Race With UP! Faster Laps Guaranteed!
Since 2017 all of our coilovers have been hand built in small batches and every production run we implement micro improvements based on feedback to perfect the Model 3. Over the years our race spec coilovers have evolved and are responsible for countless race wins and lap records. To name a few they’ve been utilized on the Japan JEVRA 2020 season winning Taisan x UP Model 3, they hold the Tesla lap records at Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca, Tsukuba Circuit, and Fuji Speedway, they’ve won SCCA auto-x events, and are typically on the fastest lapping TeslaCorsa driver’s cars. With increasing frequency performance drivers are upgrading from their existing coilovers to UP suspension and we find they always end up faster.
As a result of the consistency proven results we offer an unprecedented money back guarantee for any driver that upgrades from existing coilovers to Unplugged Performance Race Spec Coilovers. This guarantee is applicable to these entry level race spec coilovers and of course to our Pro Spec 2 way and 3 way variants. The guarantee is simple. You’ll run faster laps with our suspension or we will offer you a full money back guarantee. We will provide all customers up to 60 days to install, race and see the results first hand!
Reliability We Stand Behind – Warranty Includes Racing Use!
Traditionally coilover manufacturers offer a warranty for street conditions but contain fine print that voids warranty the second the coilover sees a race track. Our message and support level for our clients is clear. Our coilovers are designed to perform flawlessly on the race track, and they belong on the race track. We don’t void warranty when they are on the race track, we encourage it! As with all of our products we value our customers greatly and our support goes above and beyond industry standards. All UP race spec coilover variants come with the confidence of two year warranty that includes unlimited racing.*Warranty exclusions would be damage from accidents or negligence, warranty is non-transferable.
For maximum performance the best drivers turn to Unplugged Performance. The Race Spec coilovers take the winning combination of our coilovers and add pillowball top hats, race specific valving profiles and race specific spring pairings. Drivers on the race spec coilovers have set world record lap times at multiple circuits including Tsukuba Circuit in Japan and Buttonwillow Raceway in California. Race Spec coilovers have a wide range of adjustability, however unlike our regular coilovers these will be more firm than the factory suspension for street use.
Race Coilovers With Street Manners
For street driven applications these coilovers have a special ultra soft setting on the first four clicks that utilize an oil bypass to become incrementally softer around town. This setup is street worthy but undoubtedly more firm than our standard street coilovers, therefore we advise it for serious drivers interested in competitive racing who can accept a firm ride on the street.
Which Unplugged Performance Coilover Is Right For Me?
We were not only the first to create Coilovers for the Model 3, we’ve never stopped creating. Here’s a brief overview of our offerings:
Original Coilover Kit (our default recommendation) – https://unpluggedperformance.com/product/model-3-coilover-kit/
– The absolute best for daily driven cars and cars that will see track days. More comfortable than stock when set to soft, incredibly fast on track when set to firmer settings.
Coilover Kit, Race Valving (this product) – Firmer ride on the street for daily driving, a winning formula for top level competition on the race track. Incredible performance value for the money.
Coilover Kit, Pro Race – https://unpluggedperformance.com/product/model-3-pro-race-coilovers/
The winning formula of our race valved coilovers combined with Penske double or optional triple adjustable external reservoirs for maximum suspension tuning and the benefits of increased oil capacity.
30 day free trial:
Our customer feedback has been so overwhelmingly positive that we’ve begun offering an unprecedented 30 day free trial for any Model 3 driver to switch from any competitor’s suspension to Unplugged Performance coilovers. Driving is believing, satisfaction guaranteed.
Back in October 2017 we combed our 19 year industry contacts to assemble a suspension dream team and to develop multiple suspension products. Before the end of 2017 we had fitted our first coilover prototypes, the world’s first Model 3 coilover. We then spent a year dialing in the valving and functionality to precision. It took us over a year before we released it to customers. In 2019 we brought Randy Pobst on board to add further first hand driving feedback. This validated our successes we were seeing, meanwhile also advising us on optimizations which have found their way into the May 2019 and forward production runs. As an extension of our development and custom valving we have standardized a racing specification valving profile and spring combination.
- Height Adjustable – fully personalize the height of your Model 3 from factory heights to slammed!
- Damping Adjustable – One easy to use 30 way adjustable control simultaneously adjusts the ratio of Rebound and Compression damping. Rebound damping regulates the speed at which your shock bounces back from an impact (pothole, bump, hard cornering). By adjusting rebound damping, one can customize the ride and handling of Model 3.
- Correct droop setting at any height – Independent ride height adjustment ensures correct preload setting without sacrifice and handling loss at different heights.
- Easy to access external adjustment knob included for fast access in the frunk.
- Every shock is custom engineered utilizing our racing background and partnerships (our parent company is Bulletproof Automotive with a history since 2000 of building award-winning street and track cars). The coilovers utilize high grade internal technology and components sourced from Ohlins and other top factories (these are unique Unplugged Performance engineered coilovers that we have developed, they are not Ohlins products and do not use DFV). After assembly, they are placed on a shock dyno to validate the exact results.
- High flow D port pistons + super low friction seals and rod guide bushings
- High end monotube design – Lighter and more consistent performance when driven hard. No cost-cutting measures utilizing less expensive twin tube.
- Progressive bump stops
- Race Spec Swift linear coilover springs – the best coilover spring money can buy.
- Race Spec custom valving
- Swift thrust sheets ensure silent operation
- Front Pillowball Top Mount Included
- Like our Dual Rate Lowering Springs, the Unplugged Performance Coilover Suspension Kit is a simple and straightforward installation onto your Tesla Model 3 (about 3-4 hours)
- Assembled in USA
- Rebuildable and re-valvable in USA
All of Unplugged Performance suspension is developed by a dream team of top suspension engineers recruited by Unplugged and our parent company Bulletproof Automotive tapping our 20 year history in performance tuning.
3 reviews for Race Spec Coilover Suspension Kit for Tesla Model 3
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Fits These Teslas
- Model 3 (2017-2020) Pre-Refresh
- Model 3 (Late 2023+) Refresh