UNPLUGGED PERFORMANCE REFRESH REAR SET
With Tesla’s updates to the Model S, came not only a fresh take on the front end, but also a sleeker looking, more aerodynamically efficient revision to the rear bumper and diffuser. For owners of older Model S vehicles, these parts are incompatible, however we’ve developed the Refresh Rear Set as an update using Tesla’s newer design language with a bit of our own performance oriented twist. The Refresh Rear Set is a full replacement rear bumper cover and under diffuser panel for older Model S vehicles, which provides the great aero and smooth styling of the newer cars, but specifically tailored for earlier vehicles.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: What year Model S vehicles does this product fit?
- A: The Refresh Rear Set is designed to accommodate all Model S vehicles produced from 2012 until May 2016
- Q: My car has the Park Distance Control (PDC) option, does upgrading to the Refresh Rear Set affect the sensors in any way?
- A: No, the Refresh Rear Set was engineered to reuse the OEM parking sensors, and proper functionality of the PDC system has been confirmed.
- Q: Do I need to purchase any additional parts for the installation (ie: rear reflectors, sensors, etc.)?
- A: No, the Refresh Rear Set is engineered to retain the existing rear reflectors and parking sensors (if equipped) that were included on your Model S from the factory.
- Q: How long does it take to install?
- A: The installation does not require any modification to the car and takes approximately 2-3 hours for a professional body shop to complete (painting time not included).
- Q: Do you offer the Refresh Rear Set pre-painted?
- Regarding pre-painted parts in general, we’ve seen past challenges when pre-painting parts and shipping to clients for install. The challenge arises in that there are often a small variances in paint color from car-to-car based on production date (Tesla has made subtle changes to their production painting process). Additionally, depending on exposure, the “aging” process of paint can vary widely, causing variances in appearance and color. For these reasons, among others, we always strongly advise that painting be done locally at a body shop that is installing the parts to the actual car. This is the only way we believe anyone can ever ensure a quality and proper paint match. We do have the capability to offer pre-painted parts, but we advise against it.
Refresh Rear Set, Unpainted, Refresh Rear Set, Painted Catalina White, Refresh Rear Set, Painted Solid White, Refresh Rear Set, Painted Solid Black, Refresh Rear Set, Painted Eclipse Black, Refresh Rear Set, Painted Obsidian Black Metallic, Refresh Rear Set, Painted Sycamore Brown Metallic, Refresh Rear Set, Painted Pacific Metallic Blue, Refresh Rear Set, Painted Deep Blue Metallic, Refresh Rear Set, Painted Sequoia Green Metallic, Refresh Rear Set, Painted Titanium Metallic, Refresh Rear Set, Painted Midnight Silver Metallic, Refresh Rear Set, Painted Starlight Silver Metallic, Refresh Rear Set, Painted Dolphin Grey Metallic Metallic, Refresh Rear Set, Painted Signature Red Metallic, Refresh Rear Set, Painted Multi-Coat Red Metallic, Refresh Rear Set, Painted White Water Pearl, Refresh Rear Set, Painted Pearl White Multi-Coat