RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND PRODUCT WARRANTY
This product carries a 2-year warranty against mechanical failure or corrosion. It can be exchanged for an identical item or a similar item as determined by Unplugged Performance. It may not be returned for cash and credit. There is no warranty regarding surface imperfections or aesthetic damage incurred during regular use, and/ or damage from an impact or other usual driving circumstance.
By installation or use of this product, you understand and agree with the following. If you do not agree, do not proceed with the installation, and return this product within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price from the company from which you have purchased.
- I understand and agree that this product is intended to be installed for use on private roads and in jurisdictions where the use of this product is deemed legal by the local authorities. Furthermore, I understand and agree Unplugged Performance does not have any knowledge or control of regulations in my local jurisdictions and it is up to me to determine if the product is acceptable for use with my vehicle.
- I understand and agree that if this product is given to an installer for installation on my vehicle, I have read and agreed with all the previous, even if I myself am not personally installing these parts on my vehicle. Furthermore, I understand and agree that this product should be installed by a trained professional that is familiar with both the vehicle as well as the product. Furthermore, I understand and agree that I and/ or my chosen installer will follow the installation instructions carefully and dutifully test the vehicle post-installation in a safe and controlled environment to ensure that it is operating properly.
- I understand and agree that by installing this product Unplugged Performance an all-associated persons and entities as well as the vehicle manufacturer and all associated entities must be held harmless in the event of any suit, damages, or other legal action. Furthermore, I hereby release Unplugged Performance and any associated entities and any associated entities from all liability for any potential claim or claims.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE STATEMENTS YOU SHOULD RETURN THE PRODUCT IMMEDIATELY
PLEASE NOTE: THE REAR OF THE VEHICLE MUST BE LIFTED COMPLETELY OFF THE GROUND AND SHOULD REMAIN OFF THE GROUND UNTIL INSTALLATION IS COMPLETE.
- (2X) FACIA INTAKE DUCTS
- (2X) DUCT INTAKE COVERS
- (2X) CARBON TUBES
- (2X) CARBON BRAKE DUCT SHEILDS
- (2X) 9” FLAME RETARDANT HOSE
- (2X) 31” FLEXIBLE DUCTING
- (4X) 250MM HOSE CLAMPS
- (10X) ZIP TIES
- (1x) 4” FOAM INSULATION TAPE
Remove top plastic frunk covers and prepare to remove front fascia. Recommend to have a separate table ready with a blanket to protect components from damage.
Remove driver and passenger front wheel
Remove retainer clips from wheel liner assemblies x15 per side and pull full wheel liner assembly from vehicle. NOTE: Ensure wheel liners are stored so as not to warp for easier re-installation.
Link for trim fastener tool: Click Here
Remove the front under-aero shield from the front fascia. 10mm bolts (x8) 8mm (x2) or T25 (x2) (depending on production date)
Remove top 10mm hardware from fascia
Remove fascia from vehicle and place away from vehicle
Remove T25 bolts from center grille section on inside of fascia
Gently use a flathead screwdriver or pick to pull tabs from the grille and remove from fascia. This may take time. NOTE: It’s important to use caution and gentle pressure to avoid damage to the retaining clips
Remove and prepare front carbon duct intake + cover for installation
Overlay duct cover on end of grille and mark where holes are required for installation
Use a 2 ½ “ hole saw to bore the area initially and a file or dremel tool to clean the edges for final fitment
Test fit the intake duct every so often as you slowly remove enough material for a loose fit. This will allow for proper tolerances during final installation of the intake duct. Ensure the tabs with a pre-drilled hole align with the OEM attachment point
Once holes are properly cut, re-attach the grille to fascia tabs
Install carbon intake ducts and use OEM grille hardware to secure. Always use caution when installing hardware into plastic trim pieces not to overtighten. These threads are fragile
Attach front section carbon duct tubes on left and rightmost OEM 10mm bolts on composite “ankle catcher”. Two 10mm bolts per side
Bend the horn bracket towards the center of the vehicle on the driver side so as to not interfere with the front carbon tubing
Add included foam insulations tape on the passenger side air pump. This will ensure no rattling when in operation
Re-attach fascia to vehicle and ensure front carbon tubes and intake ducts slip together
Secure front fascia with hardware leaving wheel well liners off the vehicle
Prepare to remove Front brake caliper and rotor assembly
Remove the 10mm bolt that attaches the brake line to the passenger side front knuckle
Remove the bolt that attaches the passenger side front brake line to theLH front air spring module
Remove the brake pad anti-rattle clips from the passenger side front brake caliper
Remove the passenger side front brake caliper from the knuckle. Support the caliper by hanging the clipper from the upper control arm with a wire hanger or zip tie
To remove the rotor the bolt that attaches the passenger side front rotor to the knuckle assembly
Pull the rotor off the hub assembly and set aside
Uninstall speed sensor wire from behind hub and upright assembly
Pull Blue silicon flame retardant hose from packaging and insert speed sensor line through hose Feel for the clips through the hose and mark sections where slits need to be cut for the retaining clips. NOTE: It’s best to cut the slits in a slight spiral to keep hosing snug against the arm(see photo below).Remove speed sensor from hose when cutting the silicon hose to ensure no damage is caused to the fragile speed sensor line
Once slits are cut. Pull speed sensor through hose and re-install speed sensor against upright NOTE: It’s important to ensure the blue hose is snug against the upright arm to keep clearance as open as possible. The silicon hose is slightly oversized intentionally to keep temps as low as possible on the speed sensor.
Pull the carbon dust shield from the packaging and replace OEM dust shield with the included Carbon shield using the OEM hardware
Connect the carbon brake shield to the front carbon ducting with the included orange flex tube with the included hose clamps. Note: You may bend the flexible hose with your hands to make room for your size wheel/tire combo
Use included zip ties to secure brake duct tubing to sway bar (see photo)
Replace rotor then caliper and torque assemblies properly (torque values below)
- Brake Line retainer bolt (to upright): 6NM
- Brake rotor retainer bolt: 7.5NM
Install wheels and turn from lock to lock with an assistant. inspect the assembly to ensure no harmful rubbing occurs. You can use the included extra zip ties to secure components that may touch in some areas. As there are so many wheel and tire options available to drivers we cannot anticipate all sizes. It is the users responsibility to ensure no damage will occur to components before taking the vehicle on test drive.
The front Intake ducts have pre-installed magnets When daily driving or for aero efficiency install the carbon intake covers by placing them in their respective positions. This will ensure no excessive debris or drag is introduced.
DO NOT USE DUCT COVERS ON TRACK. For any track use or enthusiastic driving use please remember to remove both left and right duct covers or this product will NOT function to cool your brakes leading to potential overheating of your brakes, injury, or death.