Dual Rate Lowering Spring Set
PLEASE NOTE: For international orders, customs fees, duties or taxes are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
RWD OWNERS PLEASE NOTE: We are currently fulfilling backorders for “Moderate” springs and we anticipate having limited stock soon. The “Mild” and “Low” springs are now in stock and ready for shipping!
DUAL MOTOR OWNERS PLEASE NOTE: We are taking preorders for Dual Motor and Performance Dual Motor Moderate springs, as well as Dual Motor / Performance (non-Performance Upgrade Package) Low springs . Delivery date is Winter 2018.
This ambitious engineering project began with a review of factory spring rates and led to a goal of the following:
- Target an increase in comfort in daily driving situations. Solution by studying factory spring rates and producing a softer but proportionate spring rate front and rear.
- Target an increase in performance when cornering. Solution by utilizing the highest technology partner and producing a secondary more sporty performance spring rate that engages when cornering g forces are loaded.
- Target an increase in range. Achieved by lowering the car as height is proven to correlate to aerodynamic efficiency.
- Every day improved performance at significant value. Solution by producing in bulk volume in a direct manufacturer partnership produced to proprietary Unplugged Performance developed specifications.
A unique offering for every type of Model 3 owner:
(click below to expand for more information)
Which version should I get?
If you are not sure about which choice is best for you, we suggest selecting Moderate. If you generally are against car modifications and are looking for something conservative and comfort orientated then we suggest selecting Mild.
If you are considering between Moderate or Low variants, please think about your answer to the following question:
If you could daily drive only one car, would it be a Tesla Model S P100D or a 2020 Tesla Roadster Concept?
The Model S is more well-rounded for everyday use and many would select that, but if you would like driving a supercar everyday then the Low version might be a good choice for you. The Low version is developed strictly for extreme car enthusiasts just like us.
In all cases of lowering a car, ground clearance will of course be reduced compared to a factory Model 3 specification. A reduction of ground clearance increases likelihood of scraping or impact to the bottom of the car. This factor is common as a trade-off for high performance vehicles, if reduction of ground clearance or increased risk of bottoming out concerns you then lowering your car may not be the right option for you. As a general rule when lowering a car, we suggest you consider your driving environment and plan ahead in consideration of what a 1.5″ (Moderate) or 2.1″ (Low) reduction of clearance may mean to your driving. For Moderate only slight additional awareness is needed in our experience, as ground clearance in most but not all cases is still adequate with a normal driving style. For Low we suggest a highly increased awareness regarding clearances and driving style. For Low we ideally suggest prior experience driving either aftermarket equivalently lowered vehicles or supercars both of which carry similar restrictions in clearances and require an altered driving style and awareness.
In all cases (even with factory height cars) we do not suggest parking with the bumper extending over parking stops as there is a risk of damage. In such cases we suggest backing in or pulling up short as to not impact the bumper. We have seen a large number of unmodified Model S vehicles with air suspension rip off their front bumpers by doing this as it is, a lowered car would only increase such a risk. By the numbers as a reference, the Model 3 has a front bumper clearance (measured at the front bottom center) of 8.0″ which reduces to approx. 6.5″ on Moderate and approx. 6.0″ on Low. To be sure, please measure clearances on your car and subtract by the inch drop of the version product you are considering.
- Produced in an engineering partnership with Formula 1 and 50+ consecutive Indy car winning spring supplier HYPERCO
- Proven Dual Rate spring technology allows for best of both worlds. The car rides at noticeably softer spring rates around town. When sporty handling is desired, natural cornering g forces activate the spring’s 30% sportier secondary spring rate which reduces body roll and gives noticeable difference in both feel and handling at the limit
- Physics proven benefits of range efficiency by lowering center of gravity and reducing underbody air turbulence
- Mild provides near factory ground clearance and softest ride. Moderate provides a ground clearance equivalence to modern sports cars. Low provides a ground clearance equivalence to modern hypercars. Mild is approximately 0.9″ drop, Moderate is approximately a 1.5″ drop, Low is approximately a 2.1″ drop
- Designed, Engineered and Produced in America
Our friend Ben over at Teslanomics shared this video providing his review of the Moderate Version springs. Included is some thorough on-road testing using digital tools to track and compare the real-world driving dynamics of both the OEM and U.P. Dual Rate Lowering springs: