Dual Rate Linear Lowering Spring Set for Tesla Model 3
$365.00 – $420.00
PLEASE NOTE: For international orders, customs fees, duties or taxes are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
An unparalleled dedication to research and advanced engineering has created the ultimate in Model 3 spring technology. Every version of every spring we produce is specifically engineered for two distinct linear spring rates. This allows enhanced comfort (spring rate #1) paired with increased handling (spring rate #2).
One size does not fit all, we've engineered specific spring rates to more perfectly enhance the handling of each Model 3 variant. Enjoy the immediate benefits of improved comfort and handing, combined with a sporty ride height that reduces drag and increases range.
See why UP is the world's #1 trusted Tesla tuner and enjoy the benefits of our continued dedication to Tesla R&D.
INVEntory status - MOST VERSIONS IN STOCK
Please refer to stock status when you select your version, it will display.
This ambitious engineering project began with a review of factory spring rates and led to a goal of the following:
- Target an increase in comfort in daily driving situations. Solution by studying factory spring rates and producing a softer but proportionate spring rate front and rear.
- Target an increase in performance when cornering. Solution by utilizing the highest technology partner and producing a secondary more sporty performance spring rate that engages when cornering g forces are loaded.
- Target an increase in range. Achieved by lowering the car as height is proven to correlate to aerodynamic efficiency.
- Every day improved performance at significant value. Solution by producing in bulk volume in a direct manufacturer partnership produced to proprietary Unplugged Performance developed specifications.
WHY CHOOSE UNPLUGGED PERFORMANCE DUAL RATE LINEAR LOWERING SPRINGS?
- Produced in an engineering partnership with Formula 1 and 50+ consecutive Indy car winning spring supplier HYPERCO
- Proven Dual Rate spring technology allows for best of both worlds. The car rides at noticeably softer spring rates around town. When sporty handling is desired, natural cornering g forces activate the spring’s 30% sportier secondary spring rate which reduces body roll and gives noticeable difference in both feel and handling at the limit
- Physics proven benefits of range efficiency by lowering center of gravity and reducing underbody air turbulence
- Mild provides nearest factory ground clearance and softest ride. Moderate provides a ground clearance equivalence to modern sports cars with slightly more comfort around town and sportier handling in corners. Low provides a ground clearance equivalence to modern hypercars with most firm of our spring options. Mild is approximately 0.7″ drop, Moderate is approximately a 1.5″ drop, Low is approximately a 2.1″ drop. * Drop measurements are relative to measurements of the factory Tesla Model 3 however from the factory we have seen different heights varying by 0.6” across different production dates, battery pack configurations, and tire sizes. Drop measurements are a general reference point to compare our springs across our lineup but cannot be exact in measurement due to various starting heights of factory car configurations.
- Designed, Engineered and Produced in America
During our comprehensive aerodynamic study of Model 3, we tested the efficacy of our Dual Rate Linear Lowering Springs using CFD, and the results were very interesting!
After installation of the Moderate Version of our Dual Rate Linear Lowering Springs (1.5" lower ride height), a decrease of 8.1% in total vehicle drag resulted, with a reduction of the total vehicle drag coefficient by 0.019 (factory ride height = 28.5" baseline, measured at the center of the front fender).
Our friend Ben over at Teslanomics shared this video providing his review of the Moderate Version springs. Included is some thorough on-road testing using digital tools to track and compare the real-world driving dynamics of both the OEM and U.P. Dual Rate Linear Lowering springs: