This gorgeous looking Solid Black Tesla Model S Plaid is upgraded with a complete UP Carbon Ceramic Big Brake Kit (BBK) and have received a complete detailing & protection for it’s exterior
The Tesla Model S Plaid is one of the fastest accelerating street cars on earth. However, decelerating 5000 lbs of this all-electric masterpiece quickly, repeatedly and with consistent driver confidence is a big challenge. In turn, pushing your Plaid anywhere near its limits requires a braking system that can take a beating from high-weight-high-g-force stops exerting incredible forces again and again and again. The Unplugged Performance Carbon-Ceramic Front Big Brake Kit (BBK) is designed to take constant abuse and keep on providing consistent stops when paired with appropriate high-temp racing brake fluids.
Carbon ceramic braking technology is leveraged by modern hypercars and supercars to provide the ultimate in stopping power, combined with the unique characteristics of carbon which include lightweight, light-wearing, and long component life. Early-generation carbon-ceramic rotors from manufacturers such as Ferrari and Porsche earned a reputation for being squeaky and cranky in cold weather, these problems have been overcome with the latest generation carbon-ceramic technology. We are proud to say that our carbon-ceramic brake systems are quieter than any iron system we have tried with performance pads and perform well in all conditions from boiling hot track days to frozen mountain roads.
A key advantage of this big brake kit is the packaging and efficiency. We’ve managed to increase pad to rotor surface area from 77.5cm² (standard equipment) to 149.4cm² with this kit. This represents a massive increase of 93% while still fitting factory 19″ wheels. Beyond standing up to the deceleration demands of the Plaid Model S, the Unplugged Performance Superlight Carbon-Ceramic Big Brake Kit lowers unsprung weight in excess of 25lbs which translates to a reduction in the amount of inertia for the components managed by the suspension, which in turn leads to a more responsive ride and more agile handling feel. Additionally, reductions to the rolling mass can also improve range and efficiency for vehicles with economy-focused wheels and tires.
Just recently, we had one of the most recently upgraded Tesla Model S Plaids in our workshop. The vehicle features a complete Unplugged Performance Carbon Ceramic Front Big Brake Kit (BBK), giving it much-needed stopping power. Furthermore, the vehicle received a full detailing & protection treatment over at Bulletproof Auto Spa, giving the vehicle the attention it needed. The team at BPAS completed a full paint correction on the car’s exterior paint finish, wrapped the vehicle in Paint Protection Film (PPF), tinted all the windows, added a smoked Paint Protection Film (PPF) to the car’s headlights, foglights, and taillight. In addition, the vehicle received an emblem blackout. Finally, the Model S Plaid we have here is protected with a full vehicle ceramic coating.
UP CARBON CERAMIC FRONT BIG BRAKE KIT (BBK) SPECIFICATIONS:
- Fits all Tesla Model S Plaid and Model S Long Range 2021+ vehicles in any factory wheel configuration.
- Improve braking performance and feel.
- 93% Increase in brake pad to rotor surface area from 77.5cm² (standard equipment) to 149.4cm² while still fitting factory 19″ wheels.
- Reduction of 25lbs+ unsprung weight for better feel and improved efficiency
- Kit includes all components necessary for installation (high-performance brake fluid will need to be supplied by the buyer, and can be purchased at any automotive parts retailer)
- The default caliper color is red, but it can also be supplied in the original gloss black color or a wide range of custom colors. Custom colors are available for an additional fee.
- Designed to fit Tesla 19″ Tempest and 21″ Arachnid wheels as well as all Unplugged Performance wheels and every aftermarket 19″ or larger wheel that we have seen.
UP CARBON CERAMIC FRONT BIG BRAKE KIT (BBK) INCLUDES:
- 6-Piston monoblock big brake caliper set with all necessary hardware
- Brake pads designed specifically for use with carbon-ceramic rotors, and are compatible with daily street use
- Huge 15.5″ carbon-ceramic rotor set
- Machined Billet caliper adapter brackets and relevant hardware
- Premium coated stainless steel braided brake lines engineered specifically for the Plaid and 2021+ Long Range Model S