The UP x BBS Flugplatz wheel is a perfect daily driven wheel we developed this solution which is made exclusively for Tesla Model 3 and Model Y applications, fitting this blacked out Tesla Model Y perfectly
The UP x BBS Flugplatz wheel for the Model Y is produced for UP by BBS Germany and is built for extreme strength to endure daily driven abuse and even going airborne at speed over Nürburgring’s Flugplatz crest. The wheel is named as an homage to the iconic crest of the Nürburgring Nordschleife, one of the world’s most daunting racetrack and currently the most popular vehicle proving ground. For the most part, the Flugplatz represents perhaps the most demanding section of any racetrack on earth for the structural integrity of a wheel as cars routinely launch off the crest before slamming back down onto the road surface. In This wheel is engineered and produced in Germany explicitly to take this punishment from heavy Tesla vehicles running on thin 20″ tires.
BBS’s reputation is second to none. From F1 to equipping the world’s fastest supercars, BBS is a world leader in quality and performance. BBS also happens to be the pioneer of flow-forming technology which they’ve been using and perfecting since their Ferrari F430 challenge wheels popularized the technology years ago.
The Flugplatz wheel utilizes BBS flow-forming technology to make an extremely strong and weight-optimized wheel that is built for a lifetime of daily driven abuse. These wheels are TÜV SÜD approved and tested beyond 2,000,000 load cycles and with a vehicle weight rating exceeding 6000lbs making them conservatively strong enough for even the largest SUVs. In destructive testing, a single wheel has exceeded 3800lbs of load.
Made Just For Tesla
When we approached BBS for a perfect daily driven wheel we developed this solution which is made exclusively for Tesla Model 3 and Model Y applications. Unlike most aftermarket wheels, these are sized perfectly for the application, accept factory TPMS sensors, Tesla factory lug nuts, and have Tesla correct center bore dimensions. In a nutshell, they are built with every specific requirement set forth by these electric vehicles.
A True Partnership
Every set of wheels comes co-branded by BBS Germany and Unplugged Performance on the wheel and on the special UP x BBS center caps to represent this special continued collaboration.
From our experience of working with thousands of Model 3 and Model Y owners, we’ve selected the best sizing for a daily driven car. The Flugplatz sizing of 20×9+32 allows all factory 20” Tesla tires to be swapped over and fitted for both Model 3 and Model Y. The correct tire sizing range is 235 to 275 wide which also allows track enthusiasts to go up to 275 wide front and rear if desired. The Flugplatz is also designed to clear the UP BFB 6 piston big brake kits with 15.5” rotors.
- 20×9+32 (reliably fits Model 3 factory 235 front/rear, Model Y factory 255 front/255, or anything from 235-275 width square setup or staggered)
Wheel Weight: 28lbs in 20×9 size
- Engineered and manufactured by BBS in Germany exclusively for Unplugged Performance and the entire Model 3 and Model Y range
- Designed to accept Tesla standard 20-inch tire sizes for Model 3 and Model Y
- Accepts all Tesla factory components: TPMS adapters, Tesla lug nuts, and correct Tesla center bore
- BBS exclusive flow-formed technology, the exact same as BBS has supplied to Ferrari and Porsche
- TÜV SÜD approved and tested beyond 2,000,000 load cycles, 10 times the TÜV SÜD requirement
- Mass-centered design to reduce the moment of inertia and improve acceleration, deceleration, and car efficiency
- Available in Gloss Black or exclusive Unplugged Performance Asteroid Graphite coating designed to integrate beautifully with all Tesla factory color cars
In the media gallery below, you can grab a detailed view of a blacked out Tesla Model Y, featuring a set of UP x BBS Flugplatz wheels in a gorgeous Gloss Black finish. For those interested, these wheels are in stock and can be ordered from our online store right away!