When combined with the Unplugged Performance superlight carbon ceramic big brake kit, the carbon fiber brake ducting system will greatly improve braking performance & cooling, ensuring better track times and speed
The Tesla Model S Plaid is one of the fastest street cars on earth and decelerating 5000 lbs quickly, repeatedly and with consistent driver confidence is a big challenge. Pushing your Plaid anywhere near its limits requires a braking system that can take a beating from high-weight-high-g-force stops exerting incredible forces repeatedly. Previously, we released our superlight carbon ceramic big brake kit for the Model S Plaid, and now, to enhance the performance & cooling of both OEM & aftermarket brake systems, we are releasing the Unplugged Performance Carbon Fiber Brake Ducting Kit for this vehicle.
This carbon fiber brake ducting kit has been carefully developed over more than a year of testing including Pikes Peak and multiple EV track-record runs. We have developed a kit that not only works but works so well that we feel compelled to recommend it to anyone who is considering pushing their Tesla hard. Front brakes do a vast majority of the work of stopping your Model S and greatly benefit from cooler operating temperatures under heavy use such as on a racetrack or other spirited driving environments.
- Increase performance, reliability, and component life for your brakes
- Aerodynamically optimized front ducts and air guides for maximum effective airflow to the cooling veins and channels in most high-performance rotors
- Even cooling of the rotors from the inside out for maximum component life
- Measured maximum temperature reductions of over 200 degrees at the rotor and caliper
- Carefully designed to avoid interference with suspension articulation and wheel angle
- Magnetic front duct covers to avoid road debris entering the braking system and avoid any range impact on road trips (easy to install and remove without tools)
- Replaces Tesla standard dust shield (no cutting of the metal dust shield)
- Installation requires cutting or removal of plastic grill Tesla part #1564699-00-B ($70)
- Compatible with standard Model S brakes as well as all UP brake kits, and likely any brake kit, but professional installation is recommended
- Note: All components are specific to the left and right of the vehicle and cannot be interchanged
- Compatible with any 2021 and newer Model S Plaid and Model S Long Range
Whilst the main feature of the kit is improved brake cooling, the added visual effect of the gorgeous carbon fiber is also a big allure of this system. Furthermore, the magnetic front duct covers to avoid road debris entering the braking system and avoid any range impact on road trips is easy to install and remove without tools. In turn, this kit can be utilized on daily drivers without any issues, where removing the magnetic covers will ensure increased airflow & improved cooling any time you take your Model S or Model S Plaid to the track. And that’s what our customers wanted and that’s what we’ve delivered.