Automotive Metal Fabricator – Full Time (Hawthorne, CA)
We are seeking a skilled Automotive Metal Fabricator with experience in welding a variety of materials including steel, aluminum, and titanium. The ideal candidate will have experience with off-road and/or race car building, as well as a strong understanding of fabrication techniques and processes.
- Design and fabricate custom automotive components using a variety of welding techniques
- Weld steel, aluminum, and titanium with precision and efficiency
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematics to determine project requirements
- Use hand and power tools to cut, shape, and assemble metal components
- Experience with CAD development
- Ensure all work meets quality standards and adheres to industry safety regulations
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Train and manage teammates
- At least 5 years of experience in automotive metal fabrication
- Proven experience welding steel, aluminum, and titanium
- Experience in off-road and/or race car building
- Knowledge of welding techniques, including TIG and MIG welding
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Physical ability to lift heavy objects and work in a fabrication shop environment
About Unplugged Performance
Unplugged Performance is the world leader in premium performance upgrades for Tesla vehicles. With our USA-made line of stylish and high-performance parts, our sole focus is on holistic development and improvement of all Tesla cars.
Unplugged Performance was founded and incubated by the team behind the world-renowned automotive customizer Bulletproof Automotive. Unplugged Performance is the world’s leading company focused on the customization and sports performance of Tesla Motors vehicles.
All of our parts are researched and engineered on our own development vehicles with the intention of improving every aspect of the driving and ownership experience. Unplugged produces an exclusive range of premium upgrades to give a new sporty performance identity to Tesla Model S, Model X, and Model 3.
Improving on perfection is no easy task, and to do so Unplugged products are professionally designed, prototyped, and manufactured in-house in Hawthorne, CA, and in collaboration with the best motorsports suppliers. The supercar performance of Tesla vehicles meets supercar-grade enhancements with Unplugged Performance.
Founded in 2013 in Hawthorne, CA, Unplugged is neighbors with Tesla’s Design Studio, SpaceX, The Boring Company, and the Hyperloop Test track.