Technical Service & Support Manager – Full Time (Hawthorne, CA)
- Manage daily workflow of shop operations, including installation schedule, technician assignments, parts assignment and documentation of all installations/repairs, measurements etc.
- Work directly with Sales, Support and Accounting teams to ensure all installs have accurate parts allocation, pricing and are scheduled under company policies
- Ensure top-notch customer experience when assisting customers directly, or when the support team handles customers with support inquiries/installations
- Work with engineering and product development teams to incorporate customer feedback, and technical installation experience to improve products
- Work directly with fabrication and production manager to coordinate installation and completion of complete vehicle builds, including our legendary S-Apex and Ascension-R vehicles
- Oversee, and consult with the production and editing of installation guides for both internal and external use by both shops and end-user customers completing a DIY
- Technical installation on vehicles approx. 50% when required / needed to assist team
- Respond to inbound customer e-mails, calls, and social media/forum posts when concerns are presented by the Director level for service / support manager involvement
- Effectively communicate with internal and external business partners via e-mail, teams, and all other applicable means necessary
- Liaison with Sales, Shipping, and Operations to ensure product accountability, accurate installation process, and documentation
- Support sales team and leadership with any installation or usage questions or concerns
- Work with Race Development team to sign-off on race safety specific components and installations
- Proactively work with the support team to ensure all customers are updated with their orders or support concerns.
- Communicate both internally and externally about our organization, Tesla the mission and our shared products and methodologies in a positive manner conducive to a leader in the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Accredited background as automotive technician
- Experience managing team of technicians
- Ability to work in high-pace environment and prioritize actively
- Navigation of high-stress situations with ease, and poise
- Passion for automotive technical details, engineering, and development
- Proven ability to stay rigorously organized and maintain a clean working environment
- Experience working on or with cars generally (no professional experience required)
- MS Office, Excel, Shop Monkey, Google Sheets, and website familiarity
- 50+ WPM typing speed
- Willingness to work weekends, special events such as track-days, racing events and off-site testing days
- Prior experience with High Voltage or Electric Vehicles, specifically Tesla a plus
- Experience with Motorsport a plus
About Unplugged Performance
Unplugged Performance is the world leader in premium performance upgrades for Tesla vehicles. With our USA-made line of stylish and high-performance parts, our sole focus is on holistic development and improvement of all Tesla cars.
Unplugged Performance was founded and incubated by the team behind the world-renowned automotive customizer Bulletproof Automotive. Unplugged Performance is the world’s leading company focused on the customization and sports performance of Tesla Motors vehicles.
All of our parts are researched and engineered on our own development vehicles with the intention of improving every aspect of the driving and ownership experience. Unplugged produces an exclusive range of premium upgrades to give a new sporty performance identity to Tesla Model S, Model X, and Model 3.
Improving on perfection is no easy task, and to do so Unplugged products are professionally designed, prototyped, and manufactured in-house in Hawthorne, CA, and in collaboration with the best motorsports suppliers. The supercar performance of Tesla vehicles meets supercar-grade enhancements with Unplugged Performance.
Founded in 2013 in Hawthorne, CA, Unplugged is neighbors with Tesla’s Design Studio, SpaceX, The Boring Company, and the Hyperloop Test track.