Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Dual Rate Linear Lowering Spring Set for Tesla Model Y
We have developed the ultimate lowering springs for Tesla Model Y. Our proprietary Dual-Rate Linear technology delivers the best performance in terms of handling, comfort, aerodynamics, and of course sporty looks! Our first release – Moderate Springs provide sports car handling, a lower stance, and increased range all without sacrifice to daily comfort. Our upcoming second release – Mild Springs provide a comfort-focused ride for those who want a more luxurious ride without reducing ground clearance for off-road use.
Applications:Tesla Model Y (All Variants)
INTERNATIONAL ORDER INFOPLEASE NOTE: For international orders, customs fees, duties or taxes are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
Need help with installation?Find an installer
(Pictured on Model Y First Install – Early production run of Model Y Moderate Dual Linear Rate Springs)
An unparalleled dedication to research and advanced engineering has created the ultimate in high performance spring technology. Every version of every spring we produce is specifically engineered with two distinct linear spring rates inside one spring. This allows enhanced comfort (spring rate #1) paired with increased handling (spring rate #2). This level of advanced engineering and manufacturing is incomparable with lower cost Linear or Progressive springs common in the aftermarket.
One size does not fit all. We’ve engineered specific spring rates to more perfectly enhance the handling of the Tesla Model Y. Enjoy the immediate benefits of improved comfort and handling, combined with a sporty ride height that reduces drag and increases range.
Experience why Unplugged Performance is the world’s #1 trusted Tesla tuner and enjoy the benefits of our continued dedication to Tesla research and development.
This ambitious engineering project began with a review of factory spring rates and led to a goal of the following:
- Increased in comfort in daily driving situations. Solution by studying factory spring rates and producing a softer but proportionate spring rate front and rear that maximizes the benefit of specific dual linear spring rates built into each spring.
- Increased handling limits. Solution by utilizing the highest technology partner (F1 and Indy Car spring manufacturer Hyperco) and producing a secondary more sporty performance spring rate that engages when cornering g forces are loaded.
- Increase in vehicle efficiency/range. Achieved by lowering the car as height is proven to correlate to aerodynamic efficiency and coefficient of drag.
- Every day improved performance at a significant value. Solved by producing in bulk by the premier Tier 1 manufacturer, produced and engineered exclusively in partnership with Unplugged Performance. Proudly made in the USA.
WHY CHOOSE UNPLUGGED PERFORMANCE DUAL RATE LINEAR LOWERING SPRINGS?
- Moderate provides an approximate 1.5″ drop on non-performance Model Y trims and an approximate 1″ drop on the Model Y Performance with slightly more comfort around town and significantly sportier handling in corners.
- Mild provides an approximate 1″ drop on non-performance Model Y and an approximate 0.5″ drop on the Model Y Performance with more comfort around town and sportier handling in corners.
- Proven Dual Linear Rate spring technology allows for the best of both worlds. The car rides at noticeably softer spring rates around town. When sporty handling is desired, natural cornering g forces activate the spring’s 30% sportier secondary spring rate which reduces body roll and gives a noticeable difference in both feel and handling at the limit
- Physics have proven the benefits of range efficiency by lowering the center of gravity and reducing underbody air turbulence
- Produced in an engineering partnership with Formula 1 and 50+ consecutive Indy car winning spring supplier HYPERCO
- Designed, Engineered and Produced in America
- During our comprehensive aerodynamic study of Model 3, we tested the efficacy of our Dual Rate Linear Lowering Springs using CFD, and the results were dramatic. After installation of the Moderate Version of our Dual Rate Linear Lowering Springs (1.5″ lower ride height), a decrease of 8.1% in total vehicle drag resulted, with a reduction of the total vehicle drag coefficient by 0.019 (factory ride height = 28.5″ baseline, measured at the center of the front fender).
- We expect similar results for the Model Y and will release the data when our analysis is complete.