Adjustable Sway Bar Set for Tesla Model Y (Front + Rear)
6+ months of intense R&D, testing, setting SUV lap records on the track, road-tripping across the West, and grocery store runs have brought us to the point of being able to offer you these awesome adjustable sway bars!
PLEASE NOTE: For international orders, customs fees, duties or taxes are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Sway bars provide a mechanical connection between the left and right wheels which can help sharpen the driving feel and steering response as well as controlling unwanted understeer and oversteer. There is no perfect sway bar setting that will hold true for every driver and circumstance. The Unplugged Performance sway bars are developed with adjustability in mind. Driving styles and preferences vary as do car, tire, and other supporting modifications. Choose your ideal setting for street, track, and your own style, or disconnect them entirely to maximize suspension travel off-road.
These sway bars enabled our record-setting laps at Laguna Seca, the fastest ever recorded by an SUV.
Our bars feature three individual rates for front and rear developed through extensive testing, but we will not publish them at this time to help reduce the influx of copycat products.
PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING YOU CAN FEEL.
- Development driving and optimization by multiple drivers and with a variety of tire compounds.
- Perfectly paired front/rear as a dialed-in kit, backed by real-world street and track testing backed by multiple track records. Many 1000s of miles of testing and many product revisions have led us to our production-ready spec.
- Reduced body roll during cornering improves the driving experience and enhances driver confidence.
- Less body roll means more consistent and improved tire adhesion under many conditions (contact patch).
- Harder polyurethane (PU) sway bar bushings improve sway response. The bushings are more durable, deflect less, and respond faster, so the roll control is immediate and the car has reduced “slop”. Our sway bar upgrade improves chassis balance and generally reduces understeer or “push” in the front suspension.
- The front sway bar bushing is custom-tooled for the application-specific OEM bracket.
- Faster steering response and reduced body roll without sacrificing daily comfort or adjusting spring rates.
- Can be enjoyed on a completely stock car, as is (also equally great on fully tuned track cars).
- Firm settings are future-proof and optimized for cars with full slicks and track high downforce aero, soft/medium settings suitable for daily driven cars.
- Rear brackets feature TIG-reinforcements for maximum durability.
Unplugged Performance sway bars are all made in the USA. Every bar is made using precision CNC bending equipment for a factory perfect fit. Durability is ensured with an attractive powder-coated finish. Special long-lasting precision-molded polyurethane bushings are included.
Performance-focused Model Y owners can pair their Unplugged Sway Bars with Ultimate Billet Adjustable Front Camber Arms, and Billet Adjustable Rear Camber Arms and Toe Arms to put your car into record-breaking spec.
This and all Unplugged Performance suspension are created by a dream-team of top motorsports suspension engineers to Unplugged Performance specs. Unplugged Performance has a history of being the pioneer of suspension tuning for Tesla and our suspension upgrades are used on multiple world record holding race builds as well as on thousands of daily driven Teslas.
Our sway bars fit both the Tesla Model Y Performance and Model Y Dual-Motor variants. Compatibility with the Model Y Long Range will be established once the Model is in production.
We offer a 30-day 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee on all of our suspension products. Driving is believing.
The Unplugged Performance Story:
At Unplugged Performance, we take innovation very seriously. With 20 years of automotive performance experience, we started Unplugged in 2013 with the encouragement of our office neighbors at Tesla Design Studio. Unplugged is dedicated to bringing the best out of every Tesla platform. We have designed and manufactured complete turning solutions for Model S, Model X, Model 3, and now Model Y. We always lead and never compromise. We purchase every Tesla vehicle ourselves and test and refine our products extensively before selling. We work with the best engineers in the world to deliver the highest quality products we demand.