The Unplugged Performance upgraded Tesla Model 3 on Yokohama tires ran 24’29, while the Porsche Taycan Turbo S on Hoosier radial slicks ran 25’30 seconds
In a modern-day reiteration of the Ford vs. Ferrari, a Tesla took on a Porsche in a race. Namely, an Unplugged Performance Model 3 Ascension-R versus a Porsche Taycan Turbo S, duking it out on the Fuji Speedway in a 55km JEVRA race. The result? The Unplugged Performance upgraded Tesla Model 3 on Yokohama tires ran 24’29, while the Porsche Taycan Turbo S on Hoosier radial slicks ran 25’30 seconds.
The Model 3 is a racecar we’ve developed as part of the Team Taisan Todai Unplugged Performance, running in the JEVRA – All Japan EV-GP Series Championship. This marks another notch in the belt for our race team, giving the automotive industry a notice about the capabilities fueled by our performance parts. With the 2021 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb coming soon, results like these make us confident about producing a great result at this race as well.
Here’s a full list of modifications on the Team Taisan Todai Unplugged Performance Model 3:
- Race Spec Coilovers
- Adjustable Billet Front Upper Control Arms
- 3 Way Adjustable Sway Bar Set
- Adjustable billet rear camber arms
- Adjustable billet rear toe arms
- Billet Height-Adjustable Rear Spring Arms
- Billet Rear Traction Arms
- Billet Rear Trailing Arms
- Rear competition brake pads
- Steel braided brake lines
- The BFB Kit – 6 Piston Carbon Ceramic Big Brakes (with competition pads)
- Enduro Drive Unit Oil Cooler and Magnetic Filter for Front and Rear Drive Units
- Ascension Front Fascia
- Yokohama Advan Wheels 18” Advan GT
- Yokohama Advan Tires 18” Advan A052
You can take a look at a few photos from the event right below. In the meantime, don’t hesitate to browse our performance parts offerings for the Model 3 and upgrade your Tesla’s performance. If you need assistance in choosing the right parts for your vehicle, please contact us and our sales team will help you chose the optimal product lineup for your vehicle.